• Translator

    English flag Italian flag Korean flag Chinese (Simplified) flag Chinese (Traditional) flag Portuguese flag German flag French flag Spanish flag Japanese flag Arabic flag Russian flag Greek flag
  • Venues

    Forbidden City Concert Series

    The Imperial Ancestral Temple (Taimiao Temple) is a historic site in the heart of Beijing, built in 1420, where during both the Ming and Qing Dynasties, ceremonies were held on the most important festival occasions in honor of the imperial family’s ancestors.

    Our event will be held in the main courtyard, featuring the Hall for Worship of Ancestors as a backdrop, which is one of only four buildings in Beijing to stand on a three-tiered platform, a hint that it was the most sacred site in imperial Beijing. Inside the hall, the beams are adorned with gold plates and the floor is paved with golden bricks; the sixty-eight columns and the main beams are made of golden-silk nanmuwood, making the hall the largest existent palace with such wood in China. On the occasion of large-scale ceremonies for worship of ancestors, the emperors would come to this courtyard and main hall.

     

    The Show of Peace Concert

    This 85,000 person venue as seen during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games will play as the backdrop for this Global Television Special with the outside design really the icon.

    Beijing National Stadium, also known as the National Stadium or colloquially as the Bird’s Nest, is a stadium in Beijing, China. The stadium was designed for use throughout the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics. Located in the Olympic Green, the $423 million stadium is the world’s largest steel structure. The design, which originated from the study of Chinese ceramics, implemented steel beams in order to hide supports for the retractable roof; giving the stadium the appearance of a “Bird’s nest”. The retractable roof was later removed from the design after inspiring the stadium’s most recognizable aspect. Ground was broken in December 2003 and the stadium officially opened in June 2008.